Monday 26 November 2012

Diva Challenge #97

The challenge this week from Laura at I am the Diva was to do a tangle with "No Strings Attached".

We were to create a tile, zendala, or ZIA without using a string.
I had a lot of fun with this one and took 3 different approaches.

We have recently been catching up with the first four series of  "The Big Bang Theory", a program which makes me laugh out loud.  So my first Zia was based on the "Big Bang!"


 
The second idea I was inspired by a tile from last week's challenge, Sorry I can not remember who's tile this was. It was to use Hollibaugh and tangle the spaces (I hope that doesn't count as a string)




For the third ZIA I decided to take a random approach.

Using the Tangle Patterns website I asked one of my family to randomly choose a letter, then depending on how many tangles started with that letter I got them to choose a random number, this gave me my first pattern. I just kept going like this until I had filled up the whole page.

 This is fun as it takes the control away from you and I used some patterns that before I had skipped past without even considering. You also have to find a way to make these random patterns work together.


Tuftid, Moving Day, Basketweave, Me-three, Scrumble, XYP, Emingle, Diagonals,
 Yang, Pane, Kinetic, Cracked,Cirquital, Cross Stitch

18 comments:

  1. I love the big bang theory! These all look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the second one best but all are great. They are almost like tangle samplers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The family idea is great - I may have to borrow that one sometime. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Big Bang Gang also. And the tangle is super. But then again, they all are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last one best - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three are gorgeous in makeup and design

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! I love the 3D effect on the first one and the second one just looks incredibly organized and structured somehow.

    Beate

    ReplyDelete
  8. All great, but my favourite is the first one. It's really pulling you in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all great, and my fave is the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tangles are beautiful in each of the tiles. My favorite is the last one and the tangles you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All beautiful with wery nice and much paterns.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your big bang is a smashing success!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the way you have made the tangles work together in the third one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha! i like all your tiles! that last one - that's a great idea how you did that. and there are quite a few patterns in there i don't even recognize, let alone have ever tried them. i need to do this the way you described - sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Came across the second one on pinterest. It's fantastic and inspired me to do my own this morning: http://pinterest.com/pin/174936766747920815/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all three you posted. My favorite is the second. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like all three pictures. Again give me a picture.

    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete