Friday 7 September 2012

Zendala Dare #22 Monodala

The challenge this week as well as being a mandala was to complete it using only one tangle. See the challenge here.

I really enjoy monotangles and did one for last weeks Zendala dare and also last weeks Diva challenge. I find that it requires much less thinking and trying to work out which tangles go together. Once you start with a tangle there's no stopping until you are done.

I enjoyed this so much this week I did 3 different tiles.

I started with one of my favourite tangles, Auraknot. It was a bit tricky at first working out exactly how this would link together, but I love how it turned out.


I then had a go with Mooka, which just seemed to sit nicely in the teardrop shapes of the mandala.


My final attempt was to leave less white space and go for a more filled look. Hence the use of  Shattuck


A great challenge this week and I have to stop now or I will be up all night.

Thanks to everyone who left coments last week they are much appreciated.

17 comments:

  1. Outstandingly gorgeous tiles all three! I especially love the auraknot! Wow what a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have chosen some great patterns to use. They all look exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three gorgeous tiles! I love all three. My favorite is probably the mooka one, but I am totally impressed with the auraknot--that must have been quite a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! These are too beautiful for words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all fantastic. My favourite is the mooka one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh--three beauties!!! I so love the auraknot one--wow! They're all gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! All three are amazing! Would love to know how you worked out the Auraknot! :) That one truly was a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three beautiful Monodalas. I especially like the Auraknot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow three beautiful pieces. My favorite is absolutely the mooka design. Great shading and the design is so smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes! All three are stunning and oh so different, but I really am caught up with your auraknot - it's so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all gorgeous - the mooka one is by far my favourite! It looks like it could be on a museum wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have created three masterpieces! I would not be able to choose a favorite...they are all great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Love the shading on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the first one with Auraknot- wowsa!
    All three just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are beautiful; I especially love the one with Shattuck!

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete