Sunday 2 September 2012

Zendala Dare #21 and Celtic Knot challenge #3

I am posting my tangles for two challenges together this week.

First the Zendala Dare #21 from Erin at The Bright Owl. I really enjoyed the shape of this weeks challenge. It allowed me to use some different Tangles from those I have done recently.

A fairly new Tangle is Cruffle which I liked the look of so I did the dare using this as a monotangle. The only difficulty I had was knowing how to shade it. I quite like how it turned out.



 
I had another go at this challenge, this time using Ennies and Cirquital.
 
 


After finishing my tiles I always have a look at other peoples art and there are so many fabulous examples. I think that I need to work on getting outside the lines a bit more rather than being so structured. Perhaps next week I can try a structured one and an unstructured one.

My third tile was Judy's Celtic Knot challenge #3 which can be found here

I decided to Tangle my initials and I used a bit of colour also to make it stand out. Celtic Knots are so much fun and so easy to do once you have been shown how.




9 comments:

  1. All three are great. I am going to have to try cruffle, now that I see how beautiful it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! All three pieces are gorgeous. I really need to try Cruffle, it turned out really beautifully; and I think your shading is great. The second one is lovely too. And I guess I'm going to have to check out the Celtic Knot challenge, which I didn't know anything about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with the other comments. I like the way you made the zendala with just the crufle. It looks realy great. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The monotangle in cruffle is inspired! The second is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the initials Fiona, well done, and your Dares are gorgeous also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cruffle looks really interesting and I love what you did with it within the zendala pattern- wonderful! All three lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely, I like the cruffle but my favourite is the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my word! a cruffle party! i can not make that design and have it look pretty. yours is wonderful! and your letters are cool!

    ReplyDelete